Live World Indices are powered by Investing.com
Monday, 8 August 2016
EYE on the World - Climate Encounters of a Third Kind
"Dog Days of Summer"
The media largely relegate the greatest challenge facing humanity to footnotes, as industry and politicians hurtle us towards systemic collapse of the planet
What is salient is not important. What is important is not salient. The media turns us away from the issues that will determine the course of our lives, and towards topics of brain-melting irrelevance.
This, on current trends, will be the hottest year ever measured. The previous record was set in 2015; the one before in 2014. Fifteen of the 16 warmest years have occurred in the 21st century. Each of the past 14 months has beaten the global monthly temperature record. But you can still hear people repeating the old claim, first proposed by fossil fuel lobbyists, that global warming stopped in 1998.
- Rumors: Chinese Banks In Trouble As Bad Loans Acce...
- Banking And Finance Remain On Life Support
- EYE on the World - Global Physics: An Unsustainabl...
- Ultimately #China's Credit And Economic Expansion ...
- Brexit Just Another Non-Event
- Billionaire Ichan Warns Of #Meltdown
- Battening Down The Hatches At Deutsche Bank
- Serious Money Moving To The Sidelines
- Even Chinese Art Museums Feel Economic Woes
- EYE on the World - Old Chinese Curse...
- ALERT: George Soros Piling Into - Barrick Gold Cor...
- NO WIN: Global Pensions WILL Collapse Under Prolo...
- Contrarian Watch- As OPEC Increases Up-Talk, So Do...
- STOCKWATCH: Can Cisco Survive Another Meltdown?
- EYE on the World - Climate Encounters of a Third K...
- No End In Sight For #Eurozone Economic Gloom
- Deutsche Bank Collapse Will Spark Sharp Global #Me...
- IDEAS: Ag-Tech Offers $100 Million Start-up For Da...
- EU Economic Crisis Will Spread To #Britain
- Helicopter Money Or Blackhawk Down?
- Growing Outlook For 2017 Recession
- ▼ August (21)
- ► 2015 (91)